Study Free in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Norway, Switzerland
- The European Union is a unique economic and political partnership between 27 European countries
- The EU covers over 4 million km² and has 495 million inhabitants — the world’s third largest population after China and India. By surface area, France is the biggest EU country and Malta.
- The population of Europe is aging as life expectancy increases and fewer children are born.
- The EU strives to improve living standards by protecting the environment, encouraging job creation, reducing regional disparities and connecting formerly isolated areas by developing cross-border infrastructure.
- Education increases the skills of the workforce and puts them in a better position to cope with increasing international competition. Language skills are becoming increasingly important, as globalisation leads to more and more contact with people from other countries. The EU actively encourages the acquisition of language skills from an early age.
- Education, training and youth play an essential role in a knowledge-based economy as they support growth and employment by encouraging the emergence of a highly qualified and adaptable population. They also strengthen social cohesion and active citizenship within the European Union. Through education, training and youth programmes, the European Union is developing the European dimension, promoting mobility and encouraging cooperation.
- Top-quality education and training are vital if Europe is to develop as a knowledge society and compete effectively in the globalising world economy. Europe has around 4 000 higher education institutions, with over 19 million students and 1.5 million staff
- The EU funds numerous programmes allowing its citizens to make the most of their personal development and the EU’s economic potential by studying, training or doing voluntary work in other countries.
If you are planning to go to university in another EU country, you probably have a lot of questions. How do I apply? How long do degree courses there last? How much will the fees be? Will my language skills be good enough? Please email us your queries on